At the closing of the annual TEXAAN Conference one concurrent session is named Best in TEXAAN based upon evaluation of the sessions by TEXAAN members in attendance. TEXAAN caught up with this year’s winners to get their thoughts and reflections on being named Best in TEXAAN.
Name of presenters, job title, & institution
- Vincent Bosquez, Coordinator of Veterans Affairs, Palo Alto College
- Flor Arambula, VA Certified Advisor, Palo Alto College
What is the name of your presentation?
- Veterans 101: VA Educational Benefits and the Texas Hazlewood Exemption
How did you select the topic?
- We had attended the TEXAAN Annual Conference the previous year (in Austin, TX). After speaking with advisors from across the state, we noticed that there was a need for advisors to come aware of VA educational benefits and the Hazlewood Exemption.
How did it feel to win the 2017 Best in TEXAAN presentation award?
- It was a tremendous honor to be selected for this award, and totally unexpected. We attended many of the sessions throughout the 2017 TEXAAN Annual Conference and we were thoroughly impressed with the hard work and innovations going on in advising centers throughout the state. We learned a lot from everyone else.
Any additional information you would like to provide?Continue reading