The Texas Academic Advising Network (TEXAAN) is led by a dedicated executive board of nine elected officers. Members of TEXAAN have an opportunity to become involved with the executive board by running for an officer position. Information about executive board positions can be found in the constitution and by-laws.
- Vice President of Membership
- Vice President of Publications
- Must be a current member of TEXAAN in good standing.
- No more than two members from the same institution may serve on the TEXAAN Executive Board at the same time.
- President-Elect may not be from the same institution as the current President.
- Nominees must meet the eligibility requirements.
- Nominees must comply with the submission instructions. Nominations that do not follow the submission instructions and requirements will not be accepted.
- Nominees must attend the TEXAAN Annual Business Meeting. Nominees will be allotted a maximum of five (5) minutes for a platform during the nominations portion of the meeting.
- --Attend the TEXAAN Executive Board New Members Session (date/time & location TBA). More information will be provided.
- --Attend the TEXAAN Executive Board Dinner (date/time & location TBA). More information will be provided.
- --Attend the TEXAAN Executive Board Leadership Retreat (TBA). The retreat will be in-person. More information will be provided.
- --Attend all TEXAAN Executive Board meetings that are in-person and online.
- --Attend the 2018 Annual TEXAAN Conference.
- --Be able to serve the full-term of the position.
- --Maintain current membership with TEXAAN in good standing while in the position.
- --Acknowledge that TEXAAN does not provide funding for travel.
- --Abide by the Standing Rules of the TEXAAN Executive Board.
- --Promote TEXAAN’s mission, generating good will for the organization, and encouraging support for the organization’s goals.
- Complete and submit the online TEXAAN Executive Board Nomination Form by clicking here. The form must be submitted by the nomination deadline. Incomplete forms will not be considered. Paper copies of the nomination form and/or support documentation will not be accepted.
- Required to attach a current resume or a curriculum vita to the TEXAAN Executive Board Nomination Form. Documentation sent separately from the submission form will not be accepted.
The TEXAAN Executive Board nomination deadline is Thursday, March 1st at 1:30 PM.
If you have any questions contact the TEXAAN President at email@example.com
Return to the Officer page here.