Another annual NACADA conference came to a close in Atlanta this October, but things are just heating up for TEXAAN and it’s members. Here are the minutes from the Region 7 Texas State Meeting that was held during the NACADA Annual Conference.
- Matthew Haynes, TEXAAN President, opened the meeting, introducing the present TEXAAN officers.
- Betsy Haddad, TEXAAN NACADA State Liaison, spoke on the benefits of joining TEXAAN, using the TEXAAN website, the current TEXAAN Awards Application process, and open officer positions for election during the 2017 TEXAAN Conference.
- Officer positions open for election:
- Vice President of Programs
- Vice President of Technology
- Read more about the different officer positions in the TEXAAN Constitution.
- 2017 TEXAAN Advising Awards
- Academic Advising Administrator
- Outstanding Academic Advisor Award
- Faculty Advisor Recognition Award
- TEXAAN Scholarship Award
- Read more about the awards, nomination guidelines and deadlines on the Awards page.
- TEXAAN 2017 Conference in Fort Worth, TX. February 15-17, 2017.
- Member announcements
- Michelle Sotolongo, Texas State – Register to vote, deadline upcoming (now past)
- UTSA – Drive In Conference, October 21, 2016 (now past)
- UT-Arlington – Annual Conference registration is now open. NACADA’s Charlie Nutt is the key note speaker.
- UT-Austin – Fellowships are available that connect South Texas schools to UT.
- Winner of 2017 Conference Complimentary RegistrationKC Mendez – TCU
- Winner of 2017-2018 TEXAAN Membership
- Robin Dean Shawn
We look look forward to see all TEXAAN members, new and old, in Fort Worth come February.